Super Berry Gin and Tea
Every so often, we come across a collaboration that is, put quite simply, very good fun. Our G&Tea experimenting with Charlie from All About the Cocktail is one such event. On a rooftop in east London we concocted, made and consumed a number of tea-based cocktails to take on our G&Tea Tour (www.gandtea.com). My favourite thus far is the Superberry Bramble - our tart Superberry atop a traditional Bramble. Absolutely delicious and coming to somewhere near you in the not too distant future.
Invented by Dick Bradsell at The Lonsdale a mere 20 years ago, the Bramble has become a modern classic. The We Are Tea Super Berry Infusion adds a whole new dimension to this refreshing short fruity number, served over crushed ice.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 40ml super berry infusion tea
- 50ml gin
- 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 25ml simple sugar syrup / 1 tbsp of demerara sugar
- Into a rocks glass, add gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup.
- Add crushed ice to top and churn.
- Top with a little more ice & drizzle with 40ml super berry infusion tea, so a lovely pink layer forms on top.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge/raspberry.
- Add a straw and enjoy!