Bet we can guess what’s on your mind right now? *I'm kind of thirsty. *It’s cold. *It’s also pretty grey.
We completely agree with you, but that’s not going to stop us from bending the rules a little. Here at We Are Tea we firmly believe in a few things:
1. Everything tastes better with tea
2. A good afternoon tipple
3. Not hibernating during colder months
All of the above values have inspired us to bring you this zing-ful recipe – the Tipsy Lemonade Ice Tea. Who said lemonade is to be enjoyed strictly during the summer?
If you’re a tea lover like us, you probably can’t wait to experiment with yet another tea-inspired recipe, so without further ado, here is what you will need:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
6 oz boiling water
4 English Breakfast / Earl Grey Supreme tea bags
1/4or 1/2 cup Honey or your favorite natural sweetener (tailor amount to taste)
1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice (once again – tailor to taste)
12 oz Citrus flavoured Vodka – Absolut or Belvedere work best
Mint to garnish
1. In a large pitcher, we advise you brew the teabags in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Watch out for over-brewing, as it may make the tea bitter.
2. Mix in honey or sweetener of your choice.
3.Chill in the fridge for at least 30mins.
4.Stir in lemon juice and vodka.
5. Top with a good helping ice + mint sprigs to garnish