A cup of tea with…. Madeleine Shaw
This month, we chat to holistic nutritional heath coach, blogger, healthy chef and tea lover Madeleine Shaw, whose mission is to bring out the hottest, happiest and healthiest you. She has just launched her second book 'Ready, Steady, Glow', which is all about how to create fresh but accessible food, designed for real life.
1) Tell us a bit about your food philosophy?
My food philosophy is about eating foods that you can grow, hunt or gather. I don’t believe in dieting, I think that life is about eating foods that you love AND that are full of nutrition and flavour.
2) Are there any particular types of tea that help you ‘get the glow’?
I love tea, my tea cupboard is very full all the time. I love anything with liquorice or aniseed in it because I find it satisfies any sweet cravings I have and it's soothing on the stomach. I also love green tea because it's bursting with antioxidants!
3) Who would you most like to have a cup of tea with?
Marilyn Monroe. She's a goddess!
4) Who would you give your last teabag to?
My mum. I always catch up with my mum over an exercise class and a cup of tea. I think anyone will agree with me that sometimes all you need is a cup of tea with your mum.
5) What can you do in just 90 seconds (whilst your tea is brewing)?
Cook up the perfect scrambled eggs to go with my breakfast tea!