It's brunch time! Everyone loves American style pancakes, so we teamed up with @charleyshealth and our friends over at Maisons du Monde UK to bring you a twist on the classic pancake recipe. Bring the pancake house to your kitchen table and whip up these easy American style pancakes for you and a friend. Check out more of Charleys delicious recipes over on her blog (lots of amazing breakfast recipes on there!)
This delish banana and berry pancake recipe serves 1 to 2 people (depending on how greedy you're feeling)
Ingredients for the pancakes & compote
- 1 banana
- 25g vegan vanilla protein
- 35g oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Splash of almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 3 tbsp brewed We Are Tea Super Berry Tea
- Large handful frozen or fresh blueberries
- Tbsp chia seeds
- Tsp maple syrup
- So first up you need to make the pancake batter. To do this combine the protein powder, banana, egg, oat flour, salt, baking powder and milk into a blender. Once all the batter ingredients are in, blend the pancake mix until smooth.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and allow to cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side of the pancake, then repeat this with the remaining batter mixture.
- Meanwhile, to make the compote, heat the berries with the super berry tea tea until nicely melted together. Stir through the chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Stack up your pancakes and top with the berry compote and some fresh fruit.
- Enjoy with a freshly brewed cup of super berry tea!