We've teamed up with Elisa from Happy Skin Kitchen on this 5 minute go-to smoothie bowl using our Super Berry tea.
Elisa says that the quest for beautiful skin starts on your plate. Make your skin beam with this deliciously healthy berry bowl. You might already know but berries are jam packed with antioxidants. Not only that, plant based fats such as avocado and chia seeds are also essential for healthy and glowing skin, providing lots of skin loving minerals such as zinc, calcium and selenium.
Ingredients for the berry tea smoothie bowl:
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup of frozen berries of your choice (Elisa has used a mix of raspberries and strawberries)
- ½ cup of We are Tea Super Berry brewed tea
- A small piece of peeled beetroot (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- coconut milk (depending on how thick you want the smoothie bowl)
Smoothie bowl toppings:
- Fresh berries
- Fresh kiwis
- Buckwheat groats
- Coconut Chips
- Bee pollen
How to make the smoothie bowl
- Use freshly boiled water to brew the Super Berry tea in a mug (one teaspoon of loose leaf or one tea bag will be fine)
- Next simply pop the banana, avocado, frozen berries, tea, beetroot & chia seeds into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can use more or less coconut milk depending on how thick you like your smoothie.
- If you have time in the morning it’s nifty to serve in a bowl and top it with fresh berries, homemade granola and some coconut chips for extra crunch.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos our recipes, especially ones as yummy as this. Tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or pop us an email to email@example.com.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out these:
- Oolong smoothie bowl: Oolong teas are packed with antioxidants and vital vitamins and minerals, & have been found to aid weight loss, help manage stress levels and help prevent cancer. So adding it to a smoothie bowl is a must.
- Sencha green tea, lemon & ginger smoothie bowl: fresh and zingy this one is sure to wake you up and give your immune system a boost.
- Millet porridge with poached Earl Grey pears: the millet porridge becomes really creamy but still has a crunch whilst the Earl Grey poached pears add natural sweetness. A great winter warmer.
- Check out our blog for even more tea infused recipe ideas.