To celebrate Afternoon Tea Week we've teamed up with the lovely @messylittlevegan to bring you these vegan cupcakes made with our Ceylon with vanilla tea, enjoy!
- 3 ceylon with vanilla teabags
- 1¼ cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup soy or almond milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- boiling water
- 1 ceylon with tanilla teabag
- 1 can chilled coconut cream or full fat coconut milk (only use the solid part)
- 4 tbsp organic vegan butter (use non-hydrogenated brand like Biona)
- 3/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 200C/425F/Gas mark 7
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 cases.
- Split 2 teabags open and pour into a mortar. Using a pestle, grind for a couple of minutes to create a finer blend.
- Add the ground tea to a large mixing bowl and combine with all dry ingredients. I used a food processor and pulsed a couple of times.
- Heat the milk in a small pan or in the microwave, and let 1 tea bag steep in it for about 5 minutes. Remove the teabag and dispose of it. Pour in separate bowl and mix with all wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and combine with a spoon. I poured the wet ingredients into my food processor with the dry ingredients whilst blitzing and did so a few times until the ingredients were well combined but not over mixed.
- Pour the batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners (fill up half way as they will rise) and place in the oven on the middle shelf for about 15-18 minutes until risen - use a toothpick and stick in the middle, it should come out clean.
- Frosting: Pour a very small amount of boiling water into a small cup and steep 1 teabag in it, enough to cover the bag. Leave until cool whilst cupcakes are baking. Once cupcakes are done, take them out of the oven and transfer cupcakes onto a cooling rack.
- In a metal bowl, mix together all frosting ingredients until the mixture forms peaks.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled down, pipe on the frosting. Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon & enjoy with a cuppa!