Happy Afternoon Tea week! We've teamed up with the lovely @thehealthybeard to bring you these chamomile and blueberry muffins, this recipe makes 10.
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup We Are Tea Chamomile tea (2 tea bags brewed for 1-2 hours)
- 200g fresh blueberries + 30 extra
- 2 medium size eggs
- Brew the tea for 1-2 hours.
- Begin by preheating the oven at 180C degrees/Gas mark 5
- For this recipe I made my own oat flour, begin the process by blending 3 cups of oats in a powerful food processor, blend thoroughly until the oats turn into flour.
- Sieve the newly fresh oat flour into a large mixing bowl; add the coconut sugar along with the baking powder and salt and mix to combine the dry ingredients.
- Form a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients using your hands, add the eggs, olive oil and the chamomile tea, mix to combine the wet and dry ingredients together (do not over mix)
- Add 200g of fresh blueberries and combine slowly with the cake batter.
- Transfer the batter equally into greased muffin tins, place 3 blueberries and sprinkle some oats over each of the muffins and place in the oven to bake.
- Bake for approximately 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy while they are warm with a cuppa!