We've teamed up with @avantgardevegan to bring you a very exciting vegan crème brulée recipe made with chamomile tea that takes less than half an hour to make - dream!
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 We Are Tea chamomile tea bags
- 1 & 1/4/300ml cup of almond milk
- 3 heaped tbs of corn starch
- 4 tbs icing sugar
- caster sugar, to finish
- Over a low heat, heat the coconut milk in a saucepan with the camomile tea bags & vanilla pod (seeds extracted).
- Separately, add the almond milk to a bowl and whisk in the corn starch & sugar.
- And the milk/cornstarch mixture to the coconut milk and continue to whisk over a low heat until the mixture has thickened. This should take around 4 minutes.
- Carefully pour the custard mixture into your chosen ramekins. Individually cover each ramekin with cling film, place the cling film directly onto the custard - this stops a skin forming. Place the covered ramekins into the fridge to set for at least an hour or until you're ready to serve.
- Before serving, remove the clingfilm & sprinkle over sugar. Either caramelise the sugar using a blow torch or place the ramekins under a grill for around 4 minutes.