We've teamed up with Niki from @rebelrecipes to bring you these vegan friendly AND gluten free lemon and chamomile tarts.
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 medjool dates - pitted
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- zest 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp chamomile tea
- boiling water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cashes (soaked for at least 4 hours overnight)
- 1 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Base: Add all the base ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together.
- Remove the mix and divide into four.
- Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases (I used 9cm) and up the sides.
- Pop in the fridge while you get the filling ready.
- Filling: Add the camomile tea to a tea cup and add boiling water. Allow to cool.
- Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil very gently in a saucepan then add to the cleaned food processor.
- Add in the cashews and blitz to combine until smooth.
- Strain the tea and add to the processor.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients. Blitz again until very smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tart bases from the fridge and add the filling.
- Pop back in the fridge to firm up. Let them chill for at least 1 hour.