We've teamed up with Niki from @rebelrecipes to bring you these vegan friendly AND gluten free lemon and chamomile tarts. Niki says: My food is unashamedly for foodies. It’s about pleasure, vibrancy and flavour. There are super healthy salads through to gratifying treats. It’s about thoughtful eating
Ingredients to make the base
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 medjool dates - pitted
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Pinch sea salt
Ingredients to make the filling
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- zest 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp chamomile tea
- boiling water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours overnight)
- 1 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
How to make the chamomile & lemon tarts
- First up you will need to make the base for the tarts. You need to add all the base ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together.
- Then remove the mix and divide into four.
- Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases (I used 9cm) and up the sides.
- Next pop the tart bases into the fridge while you get the filling ready.
- For the filling you will need to add the chamomile tea to a tea cup and add boiling water. Brew for around 10 minutes & allow to cool.
- Then melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil very gently in a saucepan then add to the (cleaned) food processor.
- Add in the cashews and blitz to combine until smooth in the food processor.
- Strain out the chamomile flowers and add the brewed tea to the processor.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients. Blitz again until very smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tart bases from the fridge and spoon the fillings into each tart.
- Pop back in the fridge to firm up. Let them chill for at least 1 hour.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of our tea infused treats, tell us about it on social @wearetea or pop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loving chamomile? Check out these recipes for:
- Chamomile Creme Brûlées: a creamy vegan alternative to the classic creme brûllée, topped with burnt sugar & made in collaboration with Gaz Oakley from Avant-Garde Vegan.
- Chamomile & Vanilla Cheesecake: vegan cheesecake made with our chamomile tea and topped with blueberries.
- Chamomile Cake: a chamomile cake topped with a salted honey buttercream and a sprinkling of whole chamomile flowers.