Rejoice! A super easy free from diary, soy & gluten no bake cheescake. Delicate floral notes of chamomile and sweet vanilla accompanied by fresh blueberries make this creamy cheezecake the perfect afternoon treat to enjoy with your cuppa.
For the base:
- 2 cups pecans
- 6 madjoul dates (pitted)
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for 6 hours and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp Chamomile Tea
- 1 can coconut milk (chill in the freidge overnight, only use the thick part from the top of the can)
- 1 cup coconut butter (melted)
- Begin by preparing the base. Add the pecans to your food processor and process until they reach a crumbly texture.
- Add the dates, syrup and salt and process further until the mixture is combined into a dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a cake tin, firmly packing it down.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Cut the vanilla pod down the middle and scrape out the seeds using the back of your knife.
- Heat the water just below boiling point and pour it over the chamomile tea. Allow it to steep for 10 minutes or so before draining.
- Blend the cashews, chamomile tea, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and coconut milk for about 5 minutes or until completely smooth with no lumps
- Add the coconut butter and bland again for 20 seconds to combine it with the mixture.
- Remove the cheezecake base from the freezer and pour the filling over it. Gently tap the cake tin on your counter a cuple of times to knock out any air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the cake with lots of fresh blueberries and more chamomile flowers.
- Let the cake thaw slightly (20-40 minutes) before serving.
Enjoy! Find the chamomile tea here.
More? Check out our chia jam tart recipe here.