Have a party coming up? Wow the crowd with this tasty creation. Perfect for any occasion, this simple and indulgent vegan recipe was kindly donated by plant-based foodie, Elisa from @Happyskinkitchen.
- 200 grams of ground almond
- 60 grams of oat flour
- 400 grams of almond butter
- 1 and ½ cup of agave nectar
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of We Are Tea Darjeeling tea
- 9 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
For the chocolate icing
- 3 medium – small avocados pitted and peeled
- 6 medjool dates (or substitute with 3 tablespoons of agave nectar)
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
For the coconut & berries topping
- 250 grams of coconut yogurt
- Roughly 400 grams of fresh berries
How to make the vegan chocolate cake
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Place the almond milk into a pan on high heat and bring it to boil. Once boiled stir in the tea, remove the pan from the stove and let the tea brew for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the ground almond, oat flour, raw cacao powder and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond butter, the tea infused almond milk and the agave nectar.
- Whisk everything together until you have a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the cake batter into the 2 tin cases using 2 moulds.
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 30-35 minutes. The edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Let the cakes cool down into the tins for at least 20 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack until they’re cold.
How to make the chocolate frosting
- Add avocado, pitted dates and cacao powder to a food processor. Blitz for a couple of minutes until there is a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Once the cakes are cold, with a knife or a spatula spread a thin layer of the frosting on one layer and spread half the coconut yogurt on top. Cover with fresh berries and top with the second cake to create a sandwich effect.
- Repeat the same process with the second cake, spreading the frosting and coconut yogurt and top with more fresh berries.
Enjoy and feel free to tag us in your tasty creations @wearetea.