This week sees us team up with @nadiashealthykitchen to create a delish dessert with our Moroccan Mint tea. This recipe is also vegan friendly & gluten free!
Nadia says: I love mint and chocolate. I think that combination is so delicious, especially in the form of a post dinner treat. The chocolate gives the dessert a decadent feel and the mint is just so refreshing after a meal! A simple oaty base with a lush, velvety centre made using only 4 ingredients!
Ingredients for the chocolate mint mousse pie
For the base:
- 1 3/4 cups (approx 224 grams) oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate mint mousse filling:
- 1 (400g) can full fat coconut milk
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher), melted
- 3 bags Moroccan mint green tea
- 2 tablespoon stevia or granulated sweetener of choice. Add more to taste
- Pinch of salt (optional)
How to make the chocolate mint mousse pie
- First up preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted)/ 350°F
- Mix all the base ingredients together in a bowl, then press into an 8" round cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely before adding the filling.
- Pour the coconut milk along with the sweetener into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat. Bring to a quick boil, take off the heat then add the Moroccan mint tea bags. Leave to steep for 5 minutes, then squeeze the liquid out and remove the bags.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and add a pinch of salt. Leave on the heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over the base and refrigerate until the filling sets (3-4 hours).
Have you given this a go?
We love seeing photos our tea infused recipes. Tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to experiment with more minty tea infused recipes?
- Chocolate & Mint Avocado Ice Lollies: the contrast of the mint freshness with the richness of the cacao and the creaminess of the avocado make these a go to summer treat. Made extra special with a drizzle of melted dark choc and a sprinkle of crunchy cacao nibs.
- Mint Infused Chia Jam Tarts: easy to make tarts filled with raspberry chia jam infused with Morrocan Mint tea.