This week sees us team up with @nadiashealthykitchen to create a delish dessert with our Moroccan mint tea. This recipe is also vegan friendly & gluten free!
For the base
- 1 3/4 cups (approx 224 grams) oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate mint mousse filling
- 1 (400g) can full fat coconut milk
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher), melted
- 3 bags Moroccan mint green tea
- 2 tbsp stevia or granulated sweetener of choice. Add more to taste
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted)/ 350°F
- Mix all the base ingredients together in a bowl, then press into an 8" round cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely before adding the filling.
- Pour the coconut milk along with the sweetener into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat. Bring to a quick boil, take off the heat then add the Moroccan mint tea bags. Leave to steep for 5 minutes, then squeeze the liquid out and remove the bags.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and add a pinch of salt. Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over the base and refrigerate until the filling sets (3-4 hours).