We have teamed up with @thehealthybeard to rustle up the recipe for earl grey infused apricot loaf. Perfect with a cuppa!
You will need:
- 2 cups plain whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Zest and juice from one large orange + extra for decorating
- 250ml Earl Grey tea (3-4 bags tea bags)
- 125ml melted butter
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 200g chopped dried apricots (Soaked in earl grey tea)
- Agave nectar or honey for drizzling
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180C degrees.
- Boil some hot water and infuse 250ml of water with 3-4 bags of Earl Grey.
- Using a large mixing bowl sieve the flour along with the coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon and stir to combine all of the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Create a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the orange juice and zest, earl grey tea, melted butter and eggs and stir to gently combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Drain the liquid and add the chopped apricots and gently combine them with the batter.
- Using a greased loaf tin, pour the batter into the tin and place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes (pierce the loaf to check it has cooked through before removing it from the oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool completely, once cool drizzle with honey or agave nectar and sprinkle with orange zest and extra apricot pieces (optional).