These truffles made by Elisa from @happyskinkitchen are the perfect sweet pick me up or gift to bring to any dinner parties. They take no time to put together and can be made in advance keeping for a few weeks in the fridge.
Elisa says: I absolutely love the combination of flavours between chocolate and the We Are Tea Earl Grey tea; the tea adds a lovely warm and sweet note which goes perfectly with the bitterness of the raw cacao.
Makes about 16-18 small truffles
Ingredients for the Earl Grey chocolate truffles:
- 250g of pitted medjool dates*
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon of We Are Tea Earl Grey Supreme Black Tea
*If you can’t get your hands on medjool dates you can use normal one, just make sure you soak them beforehand for about 1 hour in warm water. Drain them and squeeze the excess water out with some kitchen paper.
How to make the Earl Grey chocolate truffles
- First place the Earl Grey loose leaf into a spice grinder and let it work for about 1 minutes until you get a fine powder. If you don’t have a spice grinder you can use a mortar and pestle, juts add a splash of water and work it until you have thin paste.
- Next up add the pitted dates, coconut oil, raw cacao powder and the Earl Grey tea powder into a processor and let it blitz for a couple of minutes. You might need to scrape the sides of the food processor from time to time. The truffle dough is ready when it turns into a sticky ball.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and with your hands roll it into small balls.
- Dust the truffles by rolling them into some more raw cacao powder.
- Place them in the fridge to set for about 1 hour and enjoy!
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of our tea infused recipes (especially when they involve chocolate), tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspired to make more recipes with our lovely Earl Grey?
Check out our recipes for:
- Vegan Blueberry, Earl Grey & Choc Chip Ice-Cream: a creamy ice-cream bursting with the flavour of the Earl Grey and the tartness of the blueberries, topped with chocolate chips. It's perfect for serving in a waffle cone or topped with a helping of chocolate sauce. It's dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
- Lavender, Rose & Earl Grey Cookies: delicious cookies, the floral flavours of the rose and the lavender pair perfectly with the fragrant Earl Grey
- Earl Grey, Cacao & Carob Hot Chocolate: hug in a mug. The fragrant notes of the tea combined with the bitterness of the raw cacao and the sweetness of the carob, creates a delicious flavour.