These truffles from Elisa (Happyskinkitchen) are the perfect sweet pick me up or gift to bring to any dinner parties. They take no time to put together and can be made in advance keeping for a few weeks in the fridge.
We absolutely love the combination of flavours between chocolate and our We Are Tea Earl Grey tea; the tea adds a lovely warm and sweet note which goes perfectly with the bitterness of the raw cacao.
Makes about 16-18 small truffles
- 250g of pitted medjool dates*
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon of We Are Tea Earl Grey Supreme Black Tea
*If you can’t get your hands on medjool dates you can use normal one, just make sure you soak them beforehand for about 1 hour in warm water. Drain them and squeeze the excess water out with some kitchen paper.
- Place the earl grey leaf into a spice grinder and let it work for about 1 minutes until you get a fine powder. If you don’t have a spice grinder you can use a mortar and pestle, juts add a splash of water and work it until you have thin paste.
- Add the pitted dates, coconut oil, raw cacao powder and the earl grey powder into a processor and let it blitz for a couple of minutes. You might need to scrape the sides of the food processor from time to time. The truffle dough is ready when it turns into a sticky ball.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and with your hands roll it into small balls.
- Dust the truffles by rolling them into some more raw cacao powder.
- Place them in the fridge to set for about 1 hour and Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy it & feel free to share your snaps with us on social, just tag @wearetea