Super easy & tasty recipe from Julia (@morning_temptations) perfect served with a cuppa this Afternoon Tea Week!
Makes 12-14 single cookies in the size shown in the photo.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- The zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Ground the nuts & oats in a food processor with the salt & ginger.
- Transfer the dry mixture to a bowl. Add the remaining ingrediens & combine it with your hands.
- Form cookies on a lined baking tray & bake them on 175 C for about 15 min. Let cool completely.
Makes about double the amount needed to fill the cookies, but it's great on toast with some nut butter, so you won't be sorry to have some extra!
- 200g dried soft figs** (about 10)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor (if the figs are not soft, soak them for a couple of hours)
- Assemble the cookie sandwiches.
- Dip them in melted dark chocolate (I used 70%).
- Put them on a baking sheet so the chocolate doesn't stick & store them in the fridge.