Super easy & tasty recipe created in collaboration with Julia from @morning_temptations. Julia says: I'm a breakfast enthusiast from Stockholm, my instagram gives you a glimspe of a delicious, vegan diary of a hungry, healthy morning person.
Makes 12-14 single cookies in the size shown in the photo. These cookies are vegan.
Ingredients for the Ginger & Fig Cookies
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- The zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
How to make the Ginger & Fig Cookies
- First up ground the nuts & oats in a food processor with the salt & ginger.
- Next transfer the dry mixture to a bowl. Then add the remaining ingredients & combine it with your hands.
- Then form the cookies into circles on a lined baking tray & bake them at 175 C for about 15 min. Once they're done take them out, set them on a wire tray and let them cool completely.
How to make the Fig Marmalade
Makes about double the amount needed to fill the cookies, but it's great on toast with some nut butter, so you won't be sorry to have some extra, trust us!
Ingredients to make the fig marmalade
- 200g dried soft figs** (I used about 10)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- Firstly mix all the ingredients in a food processor (if the figs are not soft, soak them in some water for a couple of hours). Set the mixture aside
- Once the cookies are cooled, you can begin to assemble the cookie sandwiches. Spread the fig marmalade on one cookie and place the second on top.
- Then dip the cookies in melted dark chocolate to cover half the cookie (I used 70%).
- Put all the cookies onto a baking sheet so the chocolate doesn't stick & store them in the fridge.
Have you made these cookies?
In the office we love seeing photos of our recipes, let us know on social media @wearetea or email@example.com & let us know how you got on!
Inspired to make more? Check out these recipes:
- Raw Tiramisu Slices: oat, biscuity base topped with a vanilla cream layer, a chocolate layer & a Jasmine Silver Needle white tea infused coconut cream.
- Chamomile Cake: light fluffy chamomile cake topped with a salted honey butercream & whole chamomile flowers. Dive in!
- Earl Grey Apricot Loaf: apricots soaked in Earl Grey give this classic fruit loaf a citrus twist.