One of our favourite food bloggers at the moment is @nutritiouslynaughty who whips up amazing recipes! See below for her twist on a smoothie bowl.
Smoothie bowls make the best breakfast and are so versatile, there are endless flavour combinations! The refreshing spice of the ginger combined with the citrus flavours of the lemon and baobab perfectly balances out the bittersweet flavour of the green tea.
If I had to share one smoothie bowl tip it would be to always use frozen bananas. They provide an amazing creamy texture that makes it feel more like you’re eating dessert than breakfast! If you want a more filling bowl then I suggest topping it with some granola.
For the smoothie:
- 1 We Are Tea Sencha green teabag
- 200ml freshly boiled water
- 2 frozen bananas
- 25g vegan vanilla protein powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1cm cube of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp baobab powder (optional)
- Coconut chips
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Lemon zest
- Start by brewing the green tea in the freshly boiled water as per the packet instructions
- Remove the teabag and allow the tea to cool to room temperature
- Simply blend the cooled tea together with the rest of the smoothie ingredients until you have a thick and creamy texture
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and sprinkle over the toppings