We've joined forces with Duyku, an official Time Out London tastemaker also known as @eatnlondon. Duyku says about her page: you are now about to witness the hottest eating & drinking trends in London, the culinary capital of the world!
These cookies are one of our all time faves and are perfect with a cuppa. They use Turkish delight in both rose & lavender to get the tasty floral flavours.
Ingredients for the lavender, rose & Earl Grey cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons loose leaf Earl Grey tea
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Lavender Turkish delight cut into small cubes (1/2 cm)
- Rose Turkish delight cut into small cubes (1/2 cm)
- 1/2 tsp Rose water essence
How to make the lavender, rose & Earl Grey cookies
(Makes 12 cookies)
- First up in a food processor, pulse together the flour, tea, & salt until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour mixture.
- Next up add the sugar, vanilla & butter. Then pulse together the mixture just until a dough is formed.
- Then separate the dough into two equal parts and mix one part with lavender Turkish delight and the second part with rose water and rose Turkish delight. Place both doughs on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into logs, about 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. Place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart (2 baking sheets probably needed depending on size of sheets).
- Then bake until the edges are just brown, this is for about 12 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks & cool to room temperature.
- Enjoy with a cup of Earl Grey!
We love seeing photos of our Earl Grey infused biscuits, tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or pop us an email to email@example.com.
Want to explore more tea based biscuits?
- Rooibos cookies: Rooibos is a South African wonder herb & serves as much more than just a delicious, caffeine free cuppa. This recipe makes nutty, scrumptious vanilla cookies.
- Ginger & Fig Cookie Sandwiches: nutty ginger vegan cookies with a layer of fig jam sandwiched in the middle.