We're big fans of cupcakes over at Tea HQ so when we saw what Christina @addictedtodates had put together we were in heaven! These aren't just your average cupcakes, these are vegan friendly and need NO baking!!! Break into the middle and find a raspberry and cashew butter cream surprise... the dream.
This vegan recipe makes 6 large cupcakes
- You will need 6 silicone or lined cupcake moulds
- Cake stand if you're feeling fancy
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅛ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tsp cashew butter
- 3 tsp raspberry jam (Christina used homemade chia jam but you can use any vegan jam ya fancy)
Super Berry cream Filling
- ⅓ cup We Are Tea Super Berry loose leaf tea
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for minimum 6 hours)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup plant milk (Christina used coconut drinking milk)
- 1 chilled can of coconut milk (use only the thick part from the top of the can)
- ½ cup cashew butter
Cupcake decoration (optional)
- Vegan white chocolate
- Dried raspberry powder
- Add the cashews, almond flour and salt to your food processor and blitz until they form a light crumb consistency.
- Add the maple syrup and blitz for a few more seconds until the mix comes together in a dough.
- Separate the mixture into 6 parts and press into the bottom of your moulds to form the base.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cashew butter followed by ½ a teaspoon of raspberry jam in the centre of each base.
- Set the bases aside in the freezer.
- Pour the hot water over the superberry tea and allow to steep for 15 minutes before straining the mixture. Discard the leaves.
- Add the superberry liquid to your blender with the cashews, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and plant milk. Blend well until completely smooth and creamy.
- Remove the bases from the freezer and top each one with tablespoons of the superberry filling.
- Hold aside the remainder of the superberry filling as this will be used for the frosting.
- Place the cupcakes in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting for the cupcakes by adding the chilled canned coconut milk to your blender or nutri-bullet with the remaining superberry filling mixture. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and place in the freezer to firm up. Every 5 minutes or so take the mixture out of the freezer and stir it with a fork or whisk.
- Once the mixture has thickened (whipped cream consistency), gently fold in the ½ cup of cashew butter (try not to over mix so that you get a nice marbled effect).
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag and pipe the frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Decorate the cupcakes with some chopped vegan white chocolate and a dusting of berry powder.
Store these cupcakes in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within a week (if they last that long!)