These refreshing ice lollies by Christina from @addictedtodates are really simple to make and a super healthy treat. They don't contain any added sugar as the oranges are naturally sweet. They are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free & vegan friendly!
Ingredients for the ice lollies:
- 1 dessert spoon We Are Tea loose leaf Rooibos tea
- 200ml hot water
- 3 oranges
- Some mandarins, oranges and fresh mint leaves for presentation
Makes 6 ice lollies
How to make the ice lollies:
- Place the rooibos tea into a tea strainer. Bring the kettle up to almost boiling. Add the hot water to a mug with the tea and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea strainer and allow the tea to cool. If you don't have a tea strainer, you can also add the loose tea to the water and strain the tea with a regular sieve once ready.
- Juice the oranges and add the liquid to the tea. Stir the mixture well.
- Slice up some mandarins and oranges (we recommend organic oranges if you plan on leaving the skins on them for presentation).
- Get your ice lolly moulds and add 1-2 slices of orange/mandarin and 1-2 mint leaves to each one.
- Then top up each mould with the tea/orange liquid and place in the freezer to set overnight.
- Before serving, run the mould under a tap with some warm water. This makes them super easy to remove from the mould.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos our recipes, especially the summer ice lollies! Tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or pop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay cool with some other summer recipes:
- Chocolate & Mint Avocado Ice Lollies: a top summer vegan treat. Super easy to make & healthier than shop bought. The freshness of the mint contrasts perfectly to the richness of the cacao.
- Cinnamon & Ceylon Black Tea Infused Ice-cream: creamy vegan ice-cream bursting with vanilla and cinnamon and a hint of Ceylon black tea.
- Berry Tea Smoothie Bowl: a deliciously quick and healthy berry bowl containing banana, avocado, our super berry tea and more!