These refreshing lollies by Christina (@addictedtodates) are really simple to make and a super healthy treat. They don't contain any added sugar as the oranges are naturally sweet. They are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free and vegan!
- 1 dessert spoon We Are Tea loose leaf Rooibos tea
- 200ml hot water
- 3 oranges
- Some mandarins, oranges and fresh mint leaves for presentation
Method (makes 6 lollies):
- Place the tea into a tea strainer spoon. Bring the kettle up to almost boiling. Add the water to a mug with the tea and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea strainer and allow the tea to cool.
If you don't have a tea strainer, you can also add the loose tea to the water and strain the tea with a regular sieve once ready.
- Juice the oranges and add the liquid to the tea. Stir the mixture well.
- Slice up some mandarins and oranges (be sure to use organic if you plan on leaving the skins on them for presentation).
- Get your ice lolly moulds and add 1-2 slices of orange/mandarin and 1-2 mint leaves to each one.
- Top up each mould with the tea/orange liquid and place in the freezer to set overnight.
- Before serving, run the mould under a tap with some warm water. This makes them really easy to remove from the mould.
Click here to buy Rooibos tea