What is a raw dessert? These tasty guys often have a shorter ingredients list full of whole & unprocessed ingredients such as nuts, seeds & dried fruit. To get that sweet touch it is common to use raw agave nectar and other natural sweeteners or sweet fruit such as dates.
We created these raw chocolate slices to celebrate Afternoon Tea Week 2017 & teamed up with @sunshinehealthyliving to do it! They are vegan friendly & include absolutely no baking.
Ingredients you will need for the raw chocolate slices
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews nuts
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 7 to 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1tbs raw cacao powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, gently melted.
How to make the raw chocolate slices
- First up place the desiccated coconut, nuts and salt into a food processor and blend until the mixture looks like chunky crumbs.
- Then add the medjool dates and blend until very well combined.
- Lastly add the melted coconut oil while the food processor is still running.
- Next press the base mixture evenly into the prepared tin, then pop it into the freezer to set.
- For the filling, heat the coconut cream, chocolate and coconut oil together until melted. Then add these to the food processor together with the dates and vanilla extract.
- Process in the food processor until everything is combined and completely smooth.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the chocolate tart filling into the hardened crust.
- Chill the finished tart until set in the freezer
- Before serving, top the no-bake chocolate tart with fresh fruit and cacao nibs and slice however you prefer!
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of the cakes & bakes from our blog, tell us about it on social media at @wearetea or pop across an email to email@example.com.
Inspired to make more recipes?
Vegan Bounty Bars: these are the ones that everyone wants to make, desiccated coconut smothered in choc. This is a healthier version of the regular Bounty Bar chocolate bars you see in the supermarket! Vegan & yummy.
Earl Grey Frosted Banana Bread: banana bread is pretty great as it stands, adding Earl Grey frosting takes it up a level. They are dairy free, gluten free & refined sugar free!