To celebrate Afternoon Tea Week we've teamed up with @sunshinehealthyliving to bring you some vegan friendly no bake chocolate slices, perfect with a cuppa!
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews nuts
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 7 to 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, gently melted.
- Place the desiccated coconut, nuts and salt into a food processor and blend until the mixture looks like chunky crumbs.
- Add the medjool dates and blend until well combined.
- Lastly add the melted coconut oil while motor is still running.
- Press the base mixture evenly into the prepared tin, then place in the freezer to set.
- For filling, heat coconut cream, chocolate and coconut oil until melted. Add these to the food processor together with the dates and vanilla extract.
- Process until everything is combined and completely smooth.
- Fill the chocolate tart filling into hardened crust.
- Chill the tart until set (in the freezer)
- Before serving, top the no-bake chocolate tart with fresh fruit and cacao nibs.
- Enjoy with a cup of Ceylon with vanilla tea!