Rooibos Pumpkin Pie Muffins
These seriously delicious Halloween muffins created by Nourishing Amy and made with our Rooibos Loose Tea. They're super easy to make, plus they're vegan so suitable for absolutely anyone at your Halloween party! You could even decorate the tops with icing and fun sweets if you're baking with kids.
250g (1 cup) pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp chia seeds
80ml (1/3 cup) plant-based milk
2 tbsp oil (e.g. olive, sunflower or coconut)
2 tbsp syrup (e.g. maple, honey, fruit)
40g (1/4 cup) + 2 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp loose-leaf rooibos tea
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
240g (1 ½ cup) spelt flour
40g pecans, crushed
50g icing sugar
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 Fan/180*C and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, vanilla essence, chia seeds, plant-based milk, oil, syrup and 40g coconut sugar. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Now stir in the rooibos tea, pumpkin pie spices, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spelt flour. Stir until combined and quite thick.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases and top with the crushed pecan nuts and a sprinkling of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until firm on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Stir together the icing sugar, cinnamon and plant-based milk until smooth and sticky.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and leave to cool fully. Glaze the muffins with the cinnamon icing sugar while slightly warm or when cold.
Buy Rooibos Loose Tea.
Check out Nourishing Amy's other recipes.