We've teamed up with @thehealthynoms to make these breakfast puff pastries: strawberry & blackberry with lemon cream filling and peach with maple-bourbon & brown sugar cream filling. Perfect served with a cuppa!
- 2 sheets puff pastry (each sheet cut into 9 squares)
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese (or make your own!)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple-bourbon reduction
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe peach
- 2 tbsp sugar (granulated, coconut, agave syrup, whatever your heart desires)
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Assorted fruit
- Combine 1/2 cup cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and maple-bourbon reduction. Drop dollops of mixture onto the centre of half of your puff pastry squares.
- Bake at 190°C for 12-16 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup cream cheese, sugar/sweetener of your choice, zest & lemon juice. Fill the other half of your puff pastries squares and top with whatever fruit you'd prefer! Bake at 200°C for 12-16 minutes.
To make maple-bourbon reduction:
Combine 1 cup and 1/2 cup real maple syrup in small sauce pan. Bring mixture to a small boil and reduce to medium heat. Continue to simmer for approximately 8-10 mins, stirring frequently.
To make homemade tofu cream cheese:
Combine in food processor:
- one package of drained, firm tofu
- 1/4-1/2 cup sweetener (granulated sugar, brown sugar, unrefined coconut sugar, etc)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice.
Process together and add unsweetened almond or soya milk if mixture is too thick for your preference.