Once again the amazing @addictedtodates has provided us with one of the tastiest looking recipes yet, a no bake cheesecake tart made with figs and infused with our super berry tea! Vegan friendly.
- 5 cups roasted buckwheat
- ½ cup prunes
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours and rinsed)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 X Super Berry teabags
- 80ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 can coconut milk (just the thick part form the top of the can)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp beetroot or pitaya powder (for colour)
- 3-4 fresh figs or other fruit
- Add the boiling water to the super berry teabags and allow them to steep for 10 minutes then discard the teabags.
- Meanwhile add the roasted buckwheat to your food processor and blend on high speed for 1 minute or so, then add the remaining base ingredients and continue to blend until they stick together to form a dough.
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with the base by pressing it down firmly with your fingers. Place the base in the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, combine all ingredients apart from the coconut oil in your blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Lastly add in the coconut oil and blend again for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base, arrange the figs on top and allow to set in the fridge or freezer overnight.
- If you are freezing the cake, allow it to thaw for about an hour before serving.