Ice-cream? Tea? We're sold. Christina (@addictedtodates) has created something VERY exciting for us, in the form of ice-cream & tea, our two favourite things.
This creamy ice-cream is bursting with vanilla and cinnamon and has a delicate hint of black tea. It's perfect for serving in a waffle cone or topped with a cheeky helping of chocolate sauce. It's dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 X We Are Tea Ceylon Vanilla teabags
- 150ml hot water
-1 can thick full fat coconut milk (refrigerated over night)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp melted coconut butter
- Place the teabags into a cup and heat the water in your kettle to just before boiling. Pour the 150ml water into the cup and let the teabags steep for 5 minutes. Remove the teabags and allow the tea to cool.
- To prepare the vanilla pod, cut the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the vanilla seeds with the back of your knife.
- In a high speed blender, mix the cashews, tea, maple syrup, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend until completely smooth and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the melted coconut butter and blend again to combine (30 seconds or so).
- Pour out the icecream mixture into a bread tin or any dish you wish to freeze it in.
- Place the icecream in the freezer. After 1 hour, remove the icecream from the freezer and mix it with a spoon, breaking up and ice particles.
- Place back into the freezer for another 6 hours or overnight.
- When you are serving the icecream, remove it from the freezer about 20 minutes in advance to allow it to soften slightly.
- I always dip my icecream scoop into boiling water which makes it easier to serve.
Enjoy! Click here to buy Ceylon with vanilla tea.