Ice-cream? Tea? We're sold. Christina (@addictedtodates) has created something VERY exciting for us, in the form of ice-cream & tea, our two favourite things.
This creamy ice-cream is bursting with earl grey and blueberry and topped with chocolate chips. It's perfect for serving in a waffle cone or topped with a cheeky helping of chocolate sauce. It's dairy free, gluten free & vegan.
Ingredients for the blueberry, Earl Grey & choc chip ice-cream
- 1/2 cup loose earl grey tea
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cans chilled coconut milk (using only the thick part from the top of the can)
- 3 cups frozen blueberries (you could also use fresh)
- 5b tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 extra tablespoon Earl Grey leaves
- 100g dark vegan chocolate chips (or chopped into chips)
How to make the vegan blueberry, Earl Grey & choc chip ice-cream
- First pour the boiled water over the 1/2 cup of Earl Grey loose leaf and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Then strain the mixture and discard the tea leaves.
- Then in a high speed blender mix the earl grey tea, blueberries, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Lastly add the additional tablespoon of earl grey leaves and blend for another minute.
- Next stir the chocolate chips through the ice-cream mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into your ice-cream maker and churn for 40 minutes to an hour until ready.
- Scoop the icecream into a bread loaf tin or lunch box and freeze for at least an hour before serving.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of our tea infused ice-cream, tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or send us an email to email@example.com.
Inspired to make some more ice-cream flavours with our tea?
- Vegan Rooibos, Vanilla & Orange Ice-cream: this vegan recipe uses our South African wonder herb to make a punchy ice-cream that pairs perfectly with the zesty orange and the smooth vanilla
- Cinnnamon & Vanilla Tea Ice-cream: a vegan creamy ice-cream bursting with vanilla and cinnamon and has a delicate hint of Ceylon black tea.
- Earl Grey Cashew Ice-cream: a vegan ice-cream made using cashews and flavoured with our Earl Grey black tea.