Ice-cream? Tea? We're sold. Christina (@addictedtodates) has created something VERY exciting for us, in the form of ice-cream & tea, our two favourite things.
This creamy ice-cream is bursting with earl grey and blueberry and topped with chocolate chips. It's perfect for serving in a waffle cone or topped with a cheeky helping of chocolate sauce. It's dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
- 1/2 cup loose earl grey tea
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cans chilled coconut milk (using only the thick part from the top of the can)
- 3 cups frozen blueberries (you could also use fresh)
- 5b tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 extra tbsp earl grey leaves
- 100g dark vegan chocolate chips (or chopped into chips)
How to make the vegan ice cream
- Pour the boiled water over the 1/2 cup of earl grey leaves and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and discard the leaves.
- In a high speed blender mix the earl grey tea, blueberries, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Lastly add the additional tablespoon of earl grey leaves and blend for another minute.
- Stir the chocolate chips through the ice-cream mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into your ice-cream maker and churn for 40 minutes to an hour until ready.
- Scoop the icecream into a bread loaf tin or lunch box and freeze for at least an hour before serving.