Two of our favourite things, coconut AND chocolate. We've teamed up with the lovely @vegan.niinja to show how to make these vegan bounty bars, you're welcome.
Check out more of Vegan Niinja’s delicious and easy to make vegan recipes.
This recipe for vegan and gluten free bounty bars is super easy and quick. This is a healthier alternative to regular chocolate bars you see in the supermarket! It is the perfect after dinner treat and goes down well with a cup of English breakfast tea.
Fun fact: The original bounty bar was introduced to the UK in 1951 and there is a limited edition bounty bar in Australia that is cherry flavoured! Nigella Lawson actually took the humble bounty bar one step further by deep frying them in her cooking show and cook book.
Serves 2 (or less if you want to treat yourself 😉 )
Ingredients for your homemade bounty bars:
- 200 grams of shredded coconut
- 5 tbsp of virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
Chocolate outer layer:
- 100 ml of virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 30 grams ( or1/4 cup) of raw cacao powder
Check you have everything before you begin
- Add all ingredients for the coconut filling into a blender and blend for a couple of seconds until fully mixed together.
- Spoon the coconut mixture out of the blender onto a baking sheet or in a mould and use your hands or a plate to press it down firmly and evenly.
- Pop the coconut filling mixture in your fridge and leave to chill for 15-20 minutes
- After the coconut mixture has cooled down in the fridge it is then ready to cut or break into bars or bites.
- This can be done with a knife, you can choose how little or large you'd like the bounty bar pieces to be!
Chocolate outer layer
- Blend all the chocolate outer layer ingredients until smooth in a blender.
- Gently pick up each cooled and cut up coconut bite and dip into the chocolate to create an even layer and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make sure you store these bounty bars in the fridge so they don't melt!
- Enjoy with friends (or treat yourself) with a cup of English breakfast tea.
We absolutely love getting mail in the office from our consumers and seeing photos of your We Are Tea creations and recipes, if you’ve given this recipe a try why don’t you snap us your pics to @wearetea on social media or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org