This week we have collaborated with Charley's Health to bring you peppermint chocolate fudge muffins, a twist on the classic chocolate fudge cake. We love chocolate and we love peppermint so these two together are a match made in heaven. This chocolate fudge cake only takes 10 minutes to make, great news!
Makes 6 delish muffins
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed We Are Tea peppermint leaf tea
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 squares Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used buckwheat)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- First you need to preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Next you need to grab your food processor and combine the dates, syrup, coconut oil and peppermint tea and blend away to create a caramel like mixture. Yum!
- Now you need to add in the rest of the ingredients (apart from the chocolate, leave this out for now) and blend until you are left with a super smooth batter.
- Then you need to divide the cake mixture between the different cupcake cases (this can get messy so use two spoons), but make sure to place a square of chocolate in the centre of each and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Next up transfer the cooked cakes onto a wire wrack and allow to cool. These guys will be hot!
- Once cooled down you can pop the kettle on and enjoy one (or three) with a cuppa!