Part of our collaboration with Charleys Health. This recipe makes 4 creamy and easy to make chocolate and Moroccan mint infused tartlets. Vegan friendly and requires no baking at all!
Ingredients to make the targets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Chocolate and mint filling:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 6 tsp freshly brewed We Are Tea Moroccan Mint
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 ripe bananas
How to brew the perfect cup of Morrocan Mint tea
Step 1: Use one tea bag per cup
Step 2: Use water that has cooled to 80 degrees, adding freshly boiled water to green tea will cause the taste to be bitter! (You can do this by adding a splash of cold water first or allowing the kettle to cool down for approximately 2 mins)
Step 3: Brew for 90 seconds, or leave for longer according to personal taste
How to make the tartlets
1. To make the base, add the seeds and oats into a food processor and pulse these to break down slightly.
2. Add in the cacao, dates and coconut oil and blend again until well combined. Divide these amongst your mini tart cases (using loose bottom tins makes this easier) and press the mixture into the base and sides for the tins.
3. Top tip! You can use any leftover mixture and roll this into energy bites.
4. Pop these into the freezer to chill.
5. For the filing, add all of the ingredients into a food processor of high speed blender and blitz until really smooth and creamy.
6. Pour this over the bases and smooth over the surface. Leave these to set up in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
7. Allow to thaw a little before serving.