Cuppa's are rarely better than when paired with a biscuits, and it doesn't get better than a homemade batch. This delicious recipe made by Samantha Hadadi used We Are Tea Camomile Tea and Lemon - they're light, fresh and zesty. Beware, if you're anything like us they won't last long.
Ingredients (makes 12):
200g butter (vegan, if needed)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 We Are Tea chamomile tea bags
Zest one lemon
2 cups spelt flour (plus up to 5 tbsp more)
¾ cup ground almonds
1. Start by grinding the contents of your chamomile tea bags to a powder – we used a coffee grinder for this.
2. Next, beat together the butter, sugar, maple syrup and lemon juice until fluffy. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, including the chamomile tea.
3. Fold in the butter mixture and combine well. Knead briefly with your hands to bring the dough together. If the dough feels sticky, add in the extra spelt flour, one tablespoon at a time, until it no longer feels sticky. Roll into a ball, cover in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Unwrap the dough, then roll it out between two sheets of baking paper (we rolled ours to ½ a cm thick, but it can be as thin or as thick as you like – just be aware that this may affect baking times!).
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut out “biscuits” from the dough. Arrange on a lined baking tray, then place back in the fridge once more, for half an hour.
6. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 170C. Bake your cookies for 15-18 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool completely before eating, or storing in an airtight container.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of our tea infused recipes (especially when they involve chocolate), tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loving chamomile? Check out these recipes for:
- Chamomile Creme Brûlées: a creamy vegan alternative to the classic creme brûllée, topped with burnt sugar & made in collaboration with Gaz Oakley from Avant-Garde Vegan.
- Chamomile & Vanilla Cheesecake: vegan cheesecake made with our chamomile tea and topped with blueberries.
- Chamomile Cake: a chamomile cake topped with a salted honey buttercream and a sprinkling of whole chamomile flowers.