Super berry over ice on a hot day. We're not sure there is anything better (maybe puppies, always puppies). Our Super berry tea is jam packed with red berries, hibiscus, apple, orange & rose-hip & is even a winner of a Great Taste Award! To celebrate National Iced Tea Day we've teamed up with @veggiedesserts on this delish recipe. Check it out!
What you will need to make the berry iced tea
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional) or honey or other sweetener of choice
- 1 inch piece of ginger (peeled and cut into five slices)
- 3 tablespoons of loose berry tea (or 3 tea bags of Super Berry)
- Juice of 1 lemon
To serve the berry iced tea
- 10 raspberries
- 10 blueberries
- 5 strawberries halved
- 15 mint leaves
- ½ a lemon thinly sliced
- ice cubes
How to make the berry iced tea
- To start bring the water to a boil, then once it is bubbling add the sugar and ginger and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Next remove the water from the heat, add the tea (loose or bags) and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the leaves or tea bags and ginger over a bowl and allow the liquid to cool and stir in the lemon juice.
- Taste for sweetness. If you’d like it sweeter, dissolve a little sugar in hot water and add to the tea according to personal preference. If you’d like it more tart simply add a little more lemon juice.
- Add the ice to a large jug or into glasses, along with the fruit and mint. Make sure the mint leaves are lightly crushed to release their flavour. Pour in the cooled tea and serve chilled.
Have you tried this iced tea recipe?
We love seeing photos and hearing about your creations, pop us an email to email@example.com or tag us on social media @wearetea
Feeling inspired to make more drinks with teas? Check out
- The Green Garden Cocktail recipe: this one is filled with tasty greens to give your body a boost & the added alcohol gets you ready for the weekend
- Super Berry Gin Iced Tea: there is nothing we love more than a gin & tea. Our Super Berry is one of the best tasting when mixed with gin.