Ready for a warm & toasty detox cleanse? Get ready to enjoy a latté with a difference. Really quick to make, the recipe below uses our Whole Chamomile Flowers tea - an elegant, fragrant brew, perfect for getting a good night’s sleep after a long day. This combo will easily see you through any detox you’re on, especially if you’re cutting down on your caffeine and dairy. With health-boosting anti-inflammatory properties, Chamomile can ease headaches and relieve upset tummies. Curl up on that sofa, pop on a boxset and enjoy.
Prep Time: Less than 5 mins
Ingredients to make the Chamomile latté
- ½ litre milk or milk alternative, we love Oatly's oat milk or soy
- 2 tablespoons of loose leaf Chamomile tea (you can use tea bags but we prefer loose)
- 5 cloves (crushed)
- 1 cinnamon stick + ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
How to make the Chamomile latté
- Heat your milk or milk alternative with the chamomile tea, cinnamon stick & cloves in a saucepan until it starts to bubble around the side of the pan. Keep an eye on this & be super careful to not over boil the milk
- Leave to steep for 4 minutes.
- Filter the milk into a French press and then add the vanilla extract to taste, you can also add honey here but we think its sweet enough already!
- Using a French press means you don't need to buy a latté maker, move the French press plunger to froth the milk. Make sure you hold the lid down so the milk doesn't go everywhere!
- Pour the tea into 2 cups & sprinkle on ground cinnamon to serve.
Have you made this latté?
We love seeing photos of our tea in other drinks that aren't tea! Give us a tag on social media @wearetea or pop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more recipes using our tasty chamomile?
- Chamomile, lemon & ginger cheesecake: vegan friendly mini cheescakes in three different layers. Lemon. Ginger. Chamomile. Yum!
- Chamomile cake with salted honey frosting: this is one of our favourites, the sweet chamomile pairs perfectly with the salted honey buttercream frosting. Super moreish and great with a cuppa.
- Chamomile & lemon tarts: mini tartlets full of lemony zest AND they are vegan too!