If you were looking for the perfect cocktail to team with a boozy brunch or afternoon tea you've come to the right place. So what is a French 75 anyway? It's a gin based cocktail that was developed in the 1920's. It uses champagne & lemon juice which pairs perfectly with the citrus bergamot oil in the Earl Grey.
Ingredients for the Earl Grey French 75's
- 1/2 tablespoon We Are Tea Supreme Earl Grey Loose Tea
- 110ml (4 fl oz) of gin
- 4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon simple syrup
- chilled Champagne
- 2 twists of lemon peel (you can make these with a vegetable peeler before squeezing the juice)
How to make the Earl Grey French 75's
- First up, to infuse the gin stir together the earl grey loose leaf tea and the gin and leave for at least two hours. Once fully infused strain out the tea leaves and put the gin to one side.
- Then to make the simple syrup, dissolve two parts white caster sugar & one part water in a small saucepan. Heat the solution over a medium heat (stirring occasionally) until the sugar is dissolved & allow it to cool completely, alternatively you can also buy a bottle of pre made simple syrup.
- Then divide the Earl Grey infused gin between two seperate glasses.
- Next up add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to each glass and 1 tablespoon of simple syrup.
- Top up each glass with chilled champagne, and garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
- Enjoy straight away!
Have you made this hot cocktail?
We love seeing photos of our tea in other drinks (especially when they're cocktails). Let us know on social media @wearetea or send across a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.