We've collaborated with Rich Woods on a range of hot and cold tea infused cocktails. Rich Woods is head of Spirit & Cocktail Development at Duck & Waffle, a sky high award winning restaurant in London. He is well known on the cocktail scene for his creative inventions and using unusual ingredients to work his magic on classic recipes. Check his Instagram out @the_cocktailguy.
This Gin Spritz recipe is amazing ice cold in the summer or for a winter warming sip at Christmas time (when its socially acceptable to drink cocktails at all hours in the name of festive cheer). Plus we love any excuse to drink gin.
Ingredients to make the Seasonal Gin Spritz
- 35ml Jasmine Silver Needle infused gin
- 20ml Spiced Sugar Syrup
- 3 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Fever Tree Ginger Ale
How to make the Seasonal Gin Spritz
- If you haven't got your hands on some pre made tea infused gin, then all you need to do is add 2 teaspoons of Jasmine Silver Needle loose leaf white tea to your favourite gin and leave to infuse over night.
- Discard the loose leaf tea from the gin
- Grab your best glass!
- Combine the gin, spiced sugar syrup and orange bitters.
- Add ice and top with ginger ale
- Give it a good stir, garnish with lemon and enjoy! (If you're feeling creative you can attempt a rose made out of lemon like in our photo)
Have you made this cocktail?
In our office we love to hear about our recipes being recreated and seeing any photos, if you have made this Gin Spritz then tag us on social media @wearetea or pop along an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired to try more cocktails?
If you're loving using our tea in cocktails then check out these:
- Hot Smokey Negroni: a punchy & potent twist on the classic cocktail using one of our black teas, Ceylon scented with vanilla oil.
- Rooibos infused Mulled Martinez: this hot cocktail is an alternative to the classic mulled wine, a warming winter cocktail made with Rooibos tea, a South African caffeine free tea.
- Earl Grey French 75's: recipe for a punchy, sparkling, citrusy cocktail using our award winning Earl Grey tea.
Are you ready to try our Gin Spritz? Shop our Jasmine Silver Needle.
Need more recipe inspiration? Go back to our blog.