Nope… Just as you thought, there really isn’t any English Breakfast tea in this recipe – but we love it so much we just want to shout it from the rooftops. And take photos of it. Lots of them.
But do not despair – there’s no way we’d be sharing a tea-free recipe with you. This time, the spotlight is on our green superstar – Gunpowder Supreme. This breakfast smoothie will become your new best friend - bursting with superfoods and a kick of caffeine, it is guaranteed to set you up for a great day. For a large 500 - 600ml smoothie, you will need:
- 1.5 cup of chilled Gunpowder Supreme tea
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1-2 medium sized bananas (preferably frozen)
- 2 spoons of oats (preferably rolled oats)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tablespoon honey / agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon of almonds / almond butter
Feel free to play around with the ingredients and tailor the measures to your taste!
- Step 1 : Take a ripe avocado, slice it and place in a blender.
- Step 2 : Take the frozen bananas and peel off the skin. Add to the avocado.
- Step 3 : Add the oats, spinach, almonds and honey.
- Step 4 : Pour the tea over the ingredients.
- Step 5 : Blitz in the blender for 2-3 mins or until the smoothie is visibly creamy – you know the drill.
Now this gorgeously creamy number is ready to be enjoyed – for breakfast, as a snack, pre or post exercise – whenever you feel like it.
Feel free to tag us in your creations and use #everydaygood. Have an amazing day and see you soon.