This recipe collab with @charleyshealth combines our Sencha green tea into a creamy soup, perfect in the winter months.
Ingredients for the pea & green tea soup:
- 240g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso paste
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup brewed Sencha green tea (1 teaspoon of loose leaf tea)
How to make the pea & green tea soup:
- Add a little bit of coconut oil into a pan and crush in the garlic clove.
- Pour in your peas and sauté these until fully defrosted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Boil the water for the tea, green tea needs 80 degree water to ensure the tea leaves aren't burnt. This can either be with a fancy kettle (if you have one of those) or by adding cold water to freshly boiled water. Add in the teaspoon of Sencha green tea and brew for 90 seconds. Discard the loose leaf tea leaves.
- Transfer the peas and garlic into a blender, along with the coconut milk, miso paste, Sencha green tea, lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend all the above ingredients in the blender until smooth and creamy then pour back into the saucepan to heat through.
- Once the soup is at your desired temperature, serve alongside some chunky sourdough bread.
Have you made this?
We love seeing photos of our recipes, especially when its tasty soups! Tell us about it by tagging us on social @wearetea or send us an email to email@example.com.
Inspired to make more Sencha recipes?
Check out our recipes for:
- Green garden cocktail: an easy to make cocktail using our Sencha green tea
- Green tea, lemon & ginger smoothie bowl: this one is brimming with goodness that can help give your immune system a boost, plus it taste great!
Want to learn more about green tea? Check out our blogs:
- Does green tea contain caffeine? Fresh and tasty, green tea is a great alternative to black tea, but there’s a lot of confusion around whether green tea is caffeine-free.
- What is the best tasting green tea for beginners? New to green tea? Searching for the perfect type of green tea for beginners? If you want to enjoy this super brew but struggle with the sharp flavour, we are here to help! Discover six of the best tasting green teas for beginners and how to make the perfect brew.