With the end of summer around the corner, we've joined forces with @charleyshealth to bring you a savoury tea based recipe perfect for a BBQ. This would be great served with either grilled veg, salmon or chicken.
Serves 3-4 as a side dish
- 1 tsp We Are Tea Jasmine Silver Needle Tea
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 spring onion- finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- Handful frozen peas
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 heaped tbsp honey
- Sea salt & pepper
- Pop the tea into a diffuser and add this into 2 parts water to the 100g rice. Allow this to infuse for around 10 minutes.
- Add the rice into a saucepan with the infused water and bring this to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the rice is cooked through.
- Allow the rice to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, honey and a good seasoning of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover the peas in boiling water to defrost and drain.
- Once the rice is completely cooled, in a mixing bowl, combine the rice, coconut spring onion, peas, pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve onto a platter and top with some sliced avocado and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.