We've joined forces with Charley from @charleyshealth to bring you a savoury tea based recipe perfect for a BBQ. This would be great served with either grilled veg, salmon or chicken. Charley says: With my recipes, I want to show people that you don’t have to eat the same thing five times a day to be healthy and stay in shape. I like to eat what I fancy at the time and a varied diet is really important to me; both for taste and nutrition.. but that’s just me! I think that enjoying what you eat and actually being excited about your food plays a big part in sticking to a healthy routine.
Serves 3-4 as a side dish
Ingredients for the Jasmine Tea Infused Rice Salad
- 1 tsp We Are Tea Jasmine Silver Needle Tea
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 spring onion- finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- Handful frozen peas
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 heaped tbsp honey
- Sea salt & pepper
How to make the Jasmine Tea Infused Rice Salad
- First up pop the loose leaf tea into a diffuser and add this into 2 parts water to the 100g rice. Allow the white tea to infuse for around 10 minutes.
- Then discard the loose leaf tea. Add the rice into a saucepan with the infused water and bring this to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the rice is cooked through.
- Allow the rice to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, honey and a good seasoning of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover the peas in boiling water to defrost and drain.
- Once the rice is completely cooled, in a mixing bowl, combine the rice, coconut spring onion, peas, pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve onto a platter and top with some sliced avocado and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Have you made this tasty soup?
- Vegan Super Berry & Peanut Fudge Chocolate Bars: our Super Berry tea in the chia jam layer really enhances the sweetness of the raspberries in the jam. This pairs perfectly with the richness of the chocolate and the nutty peanut butter fudge. YUM!
- Jasmine & Coconut Veggie Curry: a warming coconut & vegetarian curry made with our Jasmine Silver Needle white tea and jam packed with tasty veggies.
- Pea & Green Tea Soup: a warming and creamy pea soup made with our Sencha green tea and coconut.